Thursday, February 17, 2011

St Andrews Societies

Societies, or clubs, make up the bulk of St Andrews social life, as far as I can tell. And St Andrews, I'm learning, is known in the UK for its student life. Most of the societies have meetings once a week, and after the meeting or on a different night (or both) have pub nights and/or bar crawls and/or jump in the North Sea, just for kicks.

Societies I might actually join:

1) Inklight (creative writing) Society
2) Literary Society
3) Breakaway (hill walking) Society (hill walking, better known in the United States as hiking, in different areas around Scotland, including the Isle of Skye - beautiful)
4) Music Centre
5) Swimming?

Real, live societies I want to join just to say I did:

1) Tea Society
2) Real Ale Society
3) Rave Society
4) Mostly Harmless Society
5) Harry Potter and Gin Society
6) Fine Chocolate Society
7) Fabulous Society
8) Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Appreciation Society
9) Fine Food and Dining Society
10) Teddy Bear Hospital Society
11) Wine and Cheese Society
12) Brigade for Recreating and Appreciating Steampunk Society

1 comment:

  1. My favorite has got to be the Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Appreciation Society. Mainly because I don't know what it is, but if it was what it sounds like it must be awesome!
    I'm also a big fan of the last one. Steampunk? Sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete